Welcome to the BYS Welsh Regional Championships 2020
Due to the uncertainty of Covid-19 and the number of participants allowed in an organised activity in Wales (currently set at maximum of 30 persons) we have made the decision to split the Regional Junior Championships into 4 events.
- 26-27th September Welsh National Sailing Academy, Plas Heli – Laser 4.7 / ILCA 4, Windsurfing
- The age limit has been set so that Laser Radial/ ILCA 6 sailor’s can enter and race the Laser 4.7/ILCA 4
- 26–27th September Neyland Yacht Club – RS Tera Sport and Pro
- 26-27th September Pembrokeshire Performance Sailing Academy – Topper
- 3rd-4th October Welsh National Sailing Academy, Plas Heli – Optimist
- It was not possible to secure an appropriate venue on the original weekend and it was felt it would be a good opportunity for pre-event racing before the Optimist EOS 17-18th October.
Unfortunately, there isn’t the capacity at the available venues to be able to host the Youth classes this year and sadly this also means it is not possible host a Regatta/ OnBoard Fleet.
Entries are capped at 20 sailors at each venue, this is subject to review and it will be increased if possible.
We still recommend booking flexible accommodation or booking as late as possible incase the guidance changes. If RYA Cymru Wales need to cancel the event a full entry refund will be provided, however RYA Cymru Wales will not be liable for any other costs (e.g. accommodation, travel) .
Due to Covid-19 and the current Welsh Guidance on social distancing and organised activity we will be only opening entry for Junior Classes to include Optimist, Topper, Laser 4.7/ ILCA 4, RS Tera Sport/ Pro, Windsurfing
Entry opens on Monday the 17th August at 9am and closes midnight 17th September
Entry Fee- Single Hander- £45.00 Double Hander- £55.00
For any further details and to volunteer / and register a RIB please contact RYA Cymru Wales Performance Manager and Event Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Catering is available in the café on the 1st floor
Pembrokeshire Performance Sailing Academy
We need booking requests ideally by Friday 18th September and certainly no later than Midday Monday 21st September.
Due to the COVID 19 social distancing, booking requests are to be in social bubbles or family groups. These groups should co-ordinate and book as 1 representative rather than individual booking requests if possible.
Bookings enquiries to be sent to email@example.com
Neyland Yacht Club
Pictures and videos from the event will be posted on RYA Cymru Wales social media. Follow RYA Cymru Wales:
|Optimsit||Topper||RS Tera Sport & Pro||Laser 4.7/ ILCA 4|