2 Fantastic days of Sailing, Windsurfing and Powerboating in Wales! The RYA Cymru Wales Regional Conferences offer a packed programmes of workshops to benefit Individuals, Coaches, Instructors, Race Officials, Club Officials as well as Clubs and Organisations.
You are cordially invited to this years BIG Days out! Diwrnodau Allan MAWR!
Both events are sponsored by Arthur J Gallagher & Co, and it is expected that they will be attended by over 50 Instructors, Principals, Coaches, Race Officials and those involved with running activities in clubs and training centres across the Wales.
Ruth Iliffe, RYA Cymru Wales National Development Officer stated: “The conference is an opportunity for clubs and centres preparing for the season ahead. You can pick up hints and tips from the variety of interesting speakers and potentially find some instructors to deliver quality coaching for you.”
The events this year are being hosted by Plas Menai, National Outdoor Centre (Caernarfon) on Saturday 21st February and Pembrokeshire YC (Gelliswick) on Sunday 22nd February.
Attendees can expect to receive a free conference pack (with lots of great goodies) and
45% off RYA publications on the day!
- Steven Morgan- RYA Cymru Wales CEO
- Rachel Andrews – RYA Chief Instructor, Motor Cruising and Power.
- Kate Fortnum – RYA Environmental Outreach Officer
- Debbi Smith- RYA Technical Department
- Ali Yates- RYA Coach Assessor, RYA Windsurf Trainer and Welsh Head Windsurfing Coach
- Mark Lind- RYA Coach Assessor & RYA Powerboat Trainer
- Warren Price- RYA Sailability Development Officer -North (North Wales only)
- Leon Ward- RYA Sailability Development Officer-South (West & South Wales only)
- *NEW* Hill Dickinson- International Commercial Law Firm (North Wales only)
- John Sheather- RYA Coach Assessor (North Wales Only)
- Richard ‘ Taff’ Owen- RYA Coach Assessor (West & South Wales only)
- Mid & West Wales Fire Service Search & Rescue team (West & South Wales only)
- Ian Coppenhall – Laser Performance (North Wales only)
When & Where
Workshop Information Sheets
Standard Delegate £20
Under 21 Delegate £15
Plas Menai, National Outdoor Centre- please book direct with the centre 01248670964
Saturday night B&B with Dinner £37.50
Local B&B options
Saturday Night Entertainment
North Wales- Plas Menai, National Outdoor Centre are laying on a fantastic dinner on Saturday night! Only £10 per person! A great opportunity for Club/ Centre bonding 🙂 Please contact the Centre direct to book 01248670964
South & West Wales- Come along to Neyland YC to find out sailing around the UK in a Wayfarer! A talk at Neyland Yacht Club – by Wayfarer sailors who beat the record for sailing around Britain – sponsored by Neyland Yacht Haven. Free entry but suggested donation of £2 for charities. Directions to Neyland YC (Google maps)
There’s a whole load of additional activities on either the Saturday or Sunday to help you make a whole weekend of it! Check out some of the options here!